Anthem Benefit Analyst Consultant (telecommute) - PS2612 in Sacramento, California
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: US work at home, excluding states of CA, CT, NJ, MA, NY, DC, WA.
Responsible for identifying complex business needs and leading the benefit definition process with clients for Anthem Account implementations. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: * Meets with business partners/clients to obtain all benefit related requirements for accounts implementations. * Reviews, defines, creates and maintains all related benefit documents for the implementation (Benefit plan design, process flows, policies and procedures, etc.). * Works with Account Managers to review informational materials. * Provides requirements for all related systems that interchange with benefits. * Will provide support for post implementation research and correction of benefit issues. * Designs and builds new complex non-standard benefit plans, reviews and analyze benefit summaries; and identifies best approach to code/develop benefits. * Set-up of accurate benefits to maintain avoidance to negative financial, regulatory, and operational impact. * Performs testing and quality assurance as needed. * Create and maintain issue log on appropriate tool, resolve defects based on knowledge and analysis of system functionality. * Researches and responds to complex inquiries from various departments. * Provides consultation and mentoring of less experienced team members. * Serves as trainer for standard and highly customized benefit configuration. * Represents department in production related meetings including product development, design and implementation. * Must be able to perform all duties of lower level Benefits Analyst positions as directed by management. * May research and analyze RFP proposals and research existing group benefit definitions when deviations occur and provide consultative feedback.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field;
- 8 years experience as a benefit coding analysis (concentration in medical benefits coding required, dental and vision a plus.)
- 3-5 years of customer service, medical claims processing in health care or project management experience; or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with legacy systems: WGS, Facets, CHIPS, ACES, CS90, NASCO are a plus.
- Novice level, Intermediate preferred expertise in Excel and Intermediate level expertise in SharePoint required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
- Prior experience writing user stories a plus.
- Additional preferences: EBA (Enterprise Benefit Administration) experience, Spider, Benefit Plan Design, JIRA, Create dashboards within JIRA. /Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Business Support
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Benefit Analyst Consultant (telecommute) - PS2612
Requisition ID: PS2612