Airgas Usa LLC Safety Sales Specialist in Sacramento, California
The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking an Safety Sales Specialist to join our Sacraemento team!
You’ll Find It With Us!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. For more information, please visit www.airgas.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a dynamic individual with a proven track record to actively pursue and acquire new and competitive accounts as well as expand our existing customer base with all product lines. Our Safety Sales Specialist will be asked to develop meaningful and value-added relationships with customers; sell safety products, materials and supplies to machine shops and other industrial establishments utilizing knowledge of safety processes and protective personal equipment; and call on prospective and existing customers to increase sales.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Selling safety products, materials, and supplies to machine shops and other industrial establishments
- Utilizing knowledge of safety processes and protective personal equipment
- Advise customer on safety materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks the customers wish to perform
- Inform customer about quality of safety equipment, and demonstrates use
- Sell safety apparel and equipment, such as goggles, hardhats, hearing protection devices, hand protection, etc.
- Call on prospective and existing customer to increase sales. Assists General-Line sales representatives to grow Safety Sales within a defined geographic region.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on safety products, including apparel and equipment
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge
- Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork (call reports, month-end reports, etc.) in a timely manner
- Prepare annual sales analysis and forecast for supervisor
- Understand the difference between “hunting” and “farming” sales approaches
- Provide market and competitor information to supervisor
- Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings and strictly observe safety rules
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately, and investigated promptly
- Maintain a professional and neat appearance of self and vehicle when representing the company
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Assist with annual store inventory
- May provide backup during vacations and other instances of personnel shortages
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 5 years experience in industrial sales. An emphasis in Safety or Welding sales a plus.
- Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) designation preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Frequent local travel and occasional overnight travel required.
- Ability to perform heavy work -- routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs.; duties may include prolonged standing (up to 8 hours), sitting while driving (up to 6 hours), frequent bending, twisting and reaching (up to 4 hours), and occasional climbing on stairs, ladders or trucks (up to 2 hours).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, listening and presentation skills, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer, and extract information on orders.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial accounting terms.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with SAP systems a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be detail-oriented to complete approximately 2 hours of paperwork each day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say? “Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta “Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire “Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Safety Sales Specialist
Requisition ID: 17331